Education vs COVID-19
No matter what but the education will not be stopped. COVID -19, the corona virus has spread to more than 150 countries and declared as a global pandemic. Begining from China, the corona virus has crossed 219,000, while more than 8,000 deaths have been reported across the world as Europe becomes the new epicenter of corona virus.
COVID-19 also known as Corona virus disease 2019 is a respiratory illness that spreads from one person to another. It was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China. They are zoonotic that is, they can be transmitted between animals and humans.
COVID-19 has most probably appeared from an animal but is it now spreading from person to person. It can be spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can settle in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be breathed into the lungs.
It also may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
According to WHO following measures can be applied to prevent corona virus
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Practice respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider
To the areas where COVID-19 is spreading the government on 18th March, 2020 took sweeping measures including closing educational institutions, suspending the operation of all entertainment and recreation spaces, restricting ‘unnecessary’ movement of people and stopping arrivals of nationals from the novel coronavirus-affected countries till April 30.
These have caused to postpone all the education system for some days. But instead of the closing education system, one can change the way of learning. A virtual environment and virtual classroom can be created using the Online Education System.
In an Online Education System a virtual education system where we can chat, create a team, have meetings and share files. There is multiple software available in the market to have an online education system set up done in the user’s machine. The process encounters the following steps :
- Step 1. Create a team with a name and provide a description of it.
- Step 2. Maintain whether all students of the organization can join in the same team or only the owner can add students. (There is private and public team membership, private can have students added by the owner and public is the one where students add themselves.)
- Step 3. After adding students, multiple files can be shared.
- Step 4. An instructor can have private as well as group chat with students.
- Step 5. Multiple assignments can be assigned to a group of students or a single student.
- Step 6. Similarly members can access data, chat and call to other teammates.
Online Education System is a way to convert the education system into the internet-based system. It also helps to reach out to people from far areas. It is about staying connected anywhere at any time. Call recording is possible so if anything is missed then no one has to hunt for recordings and documentations.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelSubscribe